About This Book
- The book will take you step-by-step through a wide array of examples, giving you tips on how to make the best use of the latest ES6 features
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Explore the usage of the new syntaxes introduced by ES6
- Use the new prototype-based features introduced by ES6
- Execute ES6 in an old non-supported ES6 environment
- Write asynchronous code using Promise to facilitate the writing of better asynchronous code that is easier to read and maintain
- Create and understand the usage of iterators, iterables, and generators
- Get to know object-oriented programming and create objects using classes
- Build proxies using the ES6 proxy API and understand its uses
The book will start by introducing all the built-in objects of ES6 and how to create ES6 custom iterators. Next, it will teach you how to write asynchronous code in a synchronous style using ES6.
Moving on, the book will teach how to use Reflect API to inspect and manipulate object properties. Next, it teaches how to create proxies, and use it to intercept and customize operations performed on objects.
Finally, it explains old modular programming techniques such as IIFE, CommonJS, AMD, and UMD, compares them with ES6 modules, and looks at how ES6 modules can increase the performance of websites when used.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785886539 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|