About This Book
- Explore the functional paradigms of programming with Elixir through use of helpful examples
- Concise step-by-step instructions to teach you difficult technical concepts
- Bridge the gap between functional programming and Elixir
Who This Book Is For
This book targets developers new to Elixir and Erlang, in order to make them feel comfortable in functional programming with Elixir. Although no knowledge of Elixir is assumed, some programming experience with mainstream object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Java, and C# would be beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Explore Elixir to create resilient, scalable applications
- Create fault-tolerant applications
- Become better acquainted with Elixir code and see how it is structured to build and develop functional programs
- Gain an understanding of effective OTP principles
- Design and program distributed applications and systems
- Write and create branching statements in Elixir
- Learn to do more with less using Elixir's metaprogramming
- Become familiar with the facilities Elixir provides for metaprogramming, macros, and extending the Elixir language
Elixir, based on Erlang's virtual machine and ecosystem, makes it easier to achieve the scalability, concurrency, fault tolerance, and high availability goals that are pursued by developers using any programming language or programming paradigm. Elixir is a modern programming language that utilizes the benefits offered by Erlang VM without really incorporating the complex syntaxes of Erlang.
Learning Elixir will teach many things that are beneficial to programming as a craft, even if at the end of the day you aren't using Elixir. This book will teach you concepts and principles important to any complex, scalable, and resilient application. Applications are historically difficult to reason about, but using the concepts in this book, they will become easy and enjoyable. It will show you the functional programming ropes to enable you to create better and more scalable applications, and you will explore how Elixir can help you reach new programming heights. Furthermore, you will learn the basics of metaprogramming: modifying and extending Elixir to suit your needs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007238576 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|