About This Book
- Create beautiful and interactive Firefox OS applications by applying your knowledge of web development
- Cater your applications to a huge number of users by porting them to the Firefox OS
- A step-by-step learning workflow with real-life applications to demonstrate the concepts
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Install, access, and use the Firefox OS simulator with the help of WebIDE
- Get to know about application manifest files and the essential differences between web applications and Firefox OS applications
- Create an application that measures the tapping speed of the user
- Create an application that allows a user to check in at a place with geolocation tagging
- Access device-specific features with WebAPIs and implement these by building a photo editing and sharing application
- Submit your own applications to the Firefox Marketplace and share them with others
- Professionally maintain the code of your application with the help of GitHub, and deploy your hosted applications to OpenShift
This book will help you excel in the art of developing applications for Firefox OS.
Starting with an introduction to Firefox OS, how to use the WebIDE, and then looking at the application structure, this book introduces applications of increasing complexity with each chapter. An application that measures your tapping speed, a geolocation tagging application, and a photo editing and sharing application are the three applications that will be built from scratch. You will learn about topics such as the difference between various types of Firefox OS applications, application manifest files, offline apps, and design principles for applications. You will also learn to test and submit applications to the Firefox Marketplace.
By the end, you will be able to develop beautifully designed, fully-fledged, and rigorously tested Firefox OS applications and also share them with the Firefox Marketplace.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783989416 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|