Secure your iOS applications and uncover hidden vulnerabilities by conducting penetration tests
About This Book
- Achieve your goal to secure iOS devices and applications with the help of this fast paced manual
- Find vulnerabilities in your iOS applications and fix them with the help of this example-driven guide
- Acquire the key skills that will easily help you to perform iOS exploitation and forensics with greater confidence and a stronger understanding
Who This Book Is For
This book is for IT security professionals who want to conduct security testing of applications. This book will give you exposure to diverse tools to perform penetration testing. This book will also appeal to iOS developers who would like to secure their applications, as well as security professionals. It is easy to follow for anyone without experience of iOS pentesting.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basics of iOS app development, deployment, security architecture, application signing, application sandboxing, and OWASP TOP 10 for mobile
- Set up your lab for iOS app pentesting and identify sensitive information stored locally
- Perform traffic analysis of iOS devices and catch sensitive data being leaked by side channels
- Modify an application's behavior using runtime analysis
- Analyze an application's binary for security protection
- Acquire the knowledge required for exploiting iOS devices
- Learn the basics of iOS forensics
iOS has become one of the most popular mobile operating systems with more than 1.4 million apps available in the iOS App Store. Some security weaknesses in any of these applications or on the system could mean that an attacker can get access to the device and retrieve sensitive information. This book will show you how to conduct a wide range of penetration tests on iOS devices to uncover vulnerabilities and strengthen the system from attacks.
Learning iOS Penetration Testing discusses the common vulnerabilities and security-related shortcomings in an iOS application and operating system, and will teach you to conduct static and dynamic analysis of iOS applications.
This practical guide will help you uncover vulnerabilities in iOS phones and applications. We begin with basics of iOS security and dig deep to learn about traffic analysis, code analysis, and various other techniques. Later, we discuss the various utilities, and the process of reversing and auditing.
Style and approach
This fast-paced and practical guide takes a step-by-step approach to penetration testing with the goal of helping you secure your iOS devices and apps quickly.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||24.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781785886799 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|