About This Book
- Build compelling user interfaces that users will enjoy using the iOS UIKit framework
- Make your iOS apps easily recognizable and familiar with the UIKit framework
- Use this comprehensive, step-by-step guide to create a complete custom layout
Who This Book Is For
This easy-to-follow guide is perfect for beginner-level iOS developers who want to become proficient in user interface development. It would also be useful for experienced iOS developers who need a complete overview of this broad topic all in one place.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic requirements for working with iOS user interfaces
- Get to know UI tools, frameworks, and built-in components
- Plot dynamic layout structures using Auto Layout
- Shape and implement adaptive user interfaces for different screen sizes
- Draw and animate your user interfaces using the CALayer and UIKit animations
- Intercept and handle user touches to create user interface interactivity
- Create and depict totally customized controls
- Design with iOS through core graphics
Through this comprehensive one-stop guide, you'll get to grips with the entire UIKit framework, and in a flash, you'll be creating modern user interfaces for your iOS devices using Swift.
Starting with an overview of the iOS drawing system and the available tools, you will then learn how to use these technologies to create adaptable layouts and custom elements for your applications. Next, you'll be introduced to other topics such as animation and code-drawing with core graphics, which will give you all the knowledge you need to create astonishing user interfaces.
By the end of this book, you will have a solid foundation in iOS user interface development and will have gained valuable insights into the process of building firm and complex UIs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241613 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|