About This Book
- Master the highly acclaimed Material Design paradigm and give your apps and pages the look that everyone is talking about
- Get a mix of key theoretical concepts combined with enough practical examples to put each theory into practice so you can create elegant material interfaces with Android Studio and Polymer
- Written by Kyle Mew, successful author with over a decade of mobile and web development experience, this book has both the touch of a developer as well as an experienced writer
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for developers and designers who are interested in implementing Material Design in their mobile and web apps. No prior knowledge or experience of Material Design is required, but some familiarity with procedural languages, such as Java, and markup languages, such as HTML, will provide an advantage.
What You Will Learn
- Implement Material Design on both mobile and web platforms that work on older handsets and browsers
- Design stylish layouts with Material Theme
- Create and manage cards, lists, and grids
- Design and implement sliding drawers for seamless navigation
- Coordinate components to work together
- Animate widgets and create transitions and animated program flow
- Use web frameworks to bring Material Design to your web pages
Google's Material Design language has taken the development and design worlds by storm. Now available on many more platforms than Android, Material Design uses color, light, and movement to not only generate beautiful interfaces, but also to provide intuitive navigation for the user.
Learning Material Design will teach you the fundamental theories of Material Design, using code samples to put these theories into practice.
Focusing primarily on Android Studio, you'll create mobile interfaces using the most widely used and powerful material components. Each section will introduce the relevant Java classes and APIs required to implement these components. We then move into animation and transition, possibly Material Design's most powerful concepts, allowing complex hierarchies to be displayed simply and stylishly.
With all the basic technologies and concepts mastered, the book concludes by showing you how these skills can be applied to other platforms, in particular web apps, using the powerful Polymer library.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241460 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|