With MIT's App Inventor 2, anyone can build complete, working Android apps—without writing code! This complete tutorial will help you do just that, even if you have absolutely no programming experience.
Unlike books focused on the obsolete Google version, Learning MIT App Inventor is written from the ground up for MIT's dramatically updated Version 2.
The authors guide you step-by-step through every task and feature, showing you how to create apps by dragging, dropping, and connecting puzzle pieces—not writing code. As you learn, you'll also master expert design and development techniques you can build on if you ever do want to write code.
Through hands-on projects, you'll master features ranging from GPS to animation, build high-quality user interfaces, make everything work, and test it all with App Inventor's emulator. (You won't even need an Android device!)
All examples for this book are available at theapplanet.com/appinventor
- Understanding mobile devices and how mobile apps run on them
- Planning your app's behavior and appearance with the Designer
- Using the Blocks Editor to tell your app what to do and how to do it
- Creating variables and learning how to use them effectively
- Using procedures to group and reuse pieces of code in larger, more complicated apps
- Storing data in lists and databases
- Using App Inventor's gaming, animation, and media features
- Creating more sophisticated apps by using multiple screens
- Integrating sensors to make your app location-aware
- Debugging apps and fixing problems
- Combining creativity and logical thinking to envision more complex apps
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||69.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780133799279 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|