In this much-needed book, you'll learn how incorporating physical activity into the classroom can improve students' engagement, achievement, and overall wellness. Students typically spend most of the day sitting at their desks, and many don't have recess or PE, yet research shows that regular exercise helps stimulate brain function and improve skills such as reading, critical thinking, organization, and focus. Authors Brad Johnson and Melody Jones, who have consulted with schools across the globe on fitness issues, offer a variety of games and activities you can use to integrate exercise into any class or subject area. You'll learn how to:
- Create an "active classroom" with active workstations and fitness areas to keep students alert and engaged throughout the day;
- Gradually introduce physical activities into your everyday classroom routine;
- Use interactive technology to teach your students about health and fitness;
- Try out a variety of activities and exercises to reduce stress, help students focus, promote teamwork, build core strength and balance, and more;
- Make STEM classes more exciting with hands-on activities, projects, and real-world problems, all while getting your students up and moving.
These activities are easy to implement and are designed to improve one's physical and mental capabilities, as well as increase enjoyment of learning for happier, healthier, higher-achieving students.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||20.6 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317352457 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|