About This Book
- Learn how to install and configure Phalcon PHP on your server
- Develop a fully functional multi-module application with Phalcon PHP
- A step-by-step guide with in-depth coverage of Phalcon and best practices
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web developer and want to build effective web applications with Phalcon PHP, then this book is ideal for you. The book does not assume detailed knowledge of PHP frameworks.
What You Will Learn
- Compile and install Phalcon from source code
- Set up an MVC project and learn how to use the Dependency Injection (DI), configuration and routing
- Get to grips with Phalcon's ORM, ODM, validation and caching, and develop models needed for your application
- Create a command-line application from scratch
- Write a fully functional REST module with Phalcon PHP
- Use Volt as a template engine to create your first views
- Understand how a session works and learn how to implement an authentication system
This book covers the most common and useful parts of Phalcon PHP, which will guide you to make the right decisions while developing a Phalcon-driven application.
You will begin the journey by installing and setting up Phalcon for your environment followed by the development of each module. You will be introduced to Phalcon's ORM and ODM. Furthermore, you will also be able to create the first models and the database architecture for your project. You will then cover the command-line applications, API module, volt syntax, and hierarchical views. Installing and working with Node and Bower for assets management will also be covered. Finally, you will gain insights into creating the Backoffice and Frontend module along with best practices and resources for development with Phalcon PHP.
By the end of this book, you will be able to confidently develop any kind of application using the Phalcon PHP framework in a short time.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783555109 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|