If you want to get started with PHP, this book is essential. Author David Sklar (PHP Cookbook) guides you through aspects of the language you need to build dynamic server-side websites. By exploring features of PHP 5.x and the exciting enhancements in the latest release, PHP 7, you??ll learn how to work with web servers, browsers, databases, and web services. End-of-chapter exercises help you make the lessons stick.
Whether you??re a hobbyist looking to build dynamic websites, a frontend developer ready to add server-side programs, or an experienced programmer who wants to get up to speed with this language, this gentle introduction also covers aspects of modern PHP, such as internationalization, using PHP from the command line, and package management.
- Learn how PHP interacts with browsers and servers
- Understand data types, variables, logic, looping, and other language basics
- Explore how to use arrays, functions, and objects
- Build and validate web forms
- Work with databases and session management
- Access APIs to interact with web services and other websites
- Jumpstart your project with popular PHP web application frameworks
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781491933534 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|