About This Book
- Create flexible and maintainable deployments using DSC configuration scripts that stand the test of time
- Explore the in depth details of the core architecture, concepts, and practices used by PowerShell DSC
- A step-by-step guide that shows you how to start using and taking advantage of PowerShell DSC
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for system administrators or engineers who are responsible for configuration management and automation and wish to learn PowerShell DSC for the efficient management, configuration, and deployment of systems and applications.
What You Will Learn
- Understand configuration management and why you need it
- Craft flexible, reusable, and maintainable configuration scripts for thousands of servers
- Create custom DSC Resources to manage any application or server setting
- Use configuration data to deploy applications to different environments
- Utilize DSC push deployments to test your configuration scripts and custom DSC Resources
- Install, configure, and use DSC Pull Servers
- Run a Windows MSI package
- Deploy a website
Windows PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language designed especially for system administration. PowerShell DSC is a new management platform that enables you to deploy and manage configuration data for software services and manage the environment in which these services run.
This book begins with an overview of the basics of PowerShell DSC by covering the architecture and components of the Desired Sate Configuration. It will then familiarize you with the set of PowerShell language extensions and the new PowerShell commands. It will help you create DSC configurations with the help of practical examples and DSC custom resources for your custom applications. Finally, you will learn to deploy a real-world application using PowerShell DSC. By the end of the book, you will have better knowledge of the powerful DSC platform, which helps you achieve continuous delivery, and efficient management and easy deployment of data for systems.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785281884 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|