About This Book
- Learn to install and implement a Puppet server for Windows administration
- Script Puppet manifests, functions, templates and facts for Windows
- A step-by-step guide that helps you to make your Windows environment more secure with Puppet
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Windows administrators seeking to automate the management tasks of Windows servers and clients. Prior experience in Windows administration and a basic knowledge of Linux and Puppet will help you create wonders.
What You Will Learn
- Install Puppet on a Windows Server and Foreman interface to have a user-friendly Puppet working environment
- Discover how to install Puppet agents to single or multiple computers and get your hosts connected to Puppetmaster in one shot
- Understand all about creating modules, writing manifests, managing files, services, and users in Puppet
- Learn how to install the Puppet Forge modules to complete tasks such as registry management, ACL, and firewall
- Explore the usage of Puppet facts, functions, and modules to have a deeper understanding of how Puppet functions
- Manage the installation and updates of third-party software using Puppet with Chocolatey to completely forgo the manual update chores in your daily plan
- Use Puppet for Windows security to have a more secure environment
Puppet is a cross-platform configuration management tool for automating all your IT configurations.
This book kicks off with the Puppet fundamentals and an introduction to the Foreman interface for managing Puppet nodes. Next, you deal with Puppet agents' installation on multiple clients and grouping them to connect to the Puppet Server for easy management. You then learn about Puppet's module structure to familiarize yourself with the Puppet manifests' scripting. You then move on to Puppet Forge modules installation and usage in Windows. You will also venture into the Windows security aspects by gaining insights into various security settings, further securing your server and clients. You will learn how to check the reporting and status monitoring details.
Finally, you will install and update software on multiple Windows clients using Puppet and Chocolatey, thereby taming Puppet for your future projects.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||16.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785289941 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|