About This Book
- Introduction to the Logix platform and Rockwell Automation terminology, with resources available online in the literature library
- Build real-world Rockwell Automation solutions using ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SoftLogix, RSLogix 5000, and Studio 5000
- Understand the various controllers and form factors available in the ControlLogix and CompactLogix platforms, and the recent changes under the new Studio 5000 Automation Engineering and Design software suite
Who This Book Is For
This book is for PLC programmers, electricians, instrumentation technicians, and automation professionals with basic PLC programming knowledge, but no knowledge of RSLogix 5000. If you are a student who is familiar with automation and would like to learn about RSLogix 5000 with a minimal investment of time, this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Briefly explore the history of Rockwell Automation and the evolution of the Logix platform
- Discover the complete range of ControlLogix and ComplactLogix controllers and form factors available today, and the key things you should consider when you are engineering a Rockwell Automation solution
- Explore the key platform changes introduced with Studio 5000 and Logix Designer version 26 and the latest firmware versions
- Get to grips with the modules available in the ControlLogix, SoftLogix, and CompactLogix platforms
- Understand writing Ladder Logic (LL) routines, Sequential Function Chart (SFC) routines, and Structured Text (ST) routines
- Design Function Block Diagrams (FBD) and their easy integration with HMIs
This book provides a detailed overview of the Logix platform including ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and SoftLogix and explains the significant changes introduced in Studio 5000. A clear understanding of the recent Logix platform changes is critical for anyone developing a Rockwell Automation solution. This book provides an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach to learn about the essential Logix hardware and software components and provides beginners with a solid foundation in the Logix platform features and terminology. By the end of this book, you will have a clear understanding of the capabilities of the Logix platform and the ability to navigate the Rockwell Automation Literature Library Resources.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799788 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|