Get started fast with Swift™ programming for iOS and OS X
Learning Swift 2 Programming is a fast-paced, hands-on introduction to writing production-quality iOS and OS X apps with Apple??s new programming language. Written for developers with experience in any modern language, this book explains Swift simply and clearly, using relevant examples that solve realistic problems.
Author Jacob Schatz??s popular YouTube video tutorials have already helped thousands of Apple developers get started with Swift. Now, he helps you take full advantage of Swift??s advanced design, remarkable performance, and streamlined development techniques.
Step-by-step, you??ll move from basic syntax through advanced features such as closures and generics??"discovering helpful tips and tricks along the way. After you??ve mastered Swift??s building blocks and learned about its key innovations, a full section of case studies walks you through building complete apps from scratch.
LEARN HOW TO
- Collect data with arrays and dictionaries, and store it with variables and constants
- Group commonly-used code into functions for easy reuse
- Structure your code with enums, structs, and classes
- Use generics to get more done with less code
- Write closures to share small blocks of functionality
- Use optionals to write more robust, crash-resistant, and cleaner code
- Integrate existing Objective-C code into new Swift apps
- Program on the bit and byte level with advanced operators
- Implement efficient design patterns with protocols and delegates
- Create animated 2D games with SpriteKit, and 3D games with SceneKit
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134431635 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|