This 3rd edition of Learning to Teach Music in the Secondary School has been thoroughly revised to take account of the latest initiatives, research and scholarship in the field of music education, and the most recent changes to the curriculum. By focusing on overarching principles, it aims to develop reflective practitioners who will creatively and critically examine their own and others' ideas about music education, and the ways in which children learn music.
Providing an overview of contemporary issues in music teaching and learning from a range of perspectives, the book focuses on teaching music musically, and enables the reader to:
- place music education in its historical and social context
- consider the nature of musical knowledge and how teachers can facilitate their students to learn musically
- critically analyse the frameworks within which music teachers work
- develop an understanding of composing, performing and responding to music, as well as key issues such as creativity, individual needs and assessment
- examine aspects of music beyond the classroom and how effective links can be made between curriculum music and music outside of school.
Including a range of case studies, tasks and reflections to help student teachers integrate the theory and practice of music education effectively, this new edition will provide invaluable support, guidance and challenges for teachers at all stages of their careers, as well as being a useful resource for teacher educators in a wide range of settings.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317219248 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|