Get an introduction to the technologies, tools, and techniques for programming virtual reality on the latest generation of desktop and mobile VR hardware. With this hands-on guide, you'll learn essential development and production concepts, including UI design, stereo rendering, 3D input, and programming VR applications for native desktop, mobile and the Web.
You don't have to be a game development wizard or have 3D graphics experience to get started. If you have basic programming skills and some familiarity with mobile development, this book will help you gain a working knowledge of virtual reality through clear and simple examples.
- Understand core virtual reality programming concepts
- Learn about emerging VR hardware platforms, including Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, and Google Cardboard
- Learn the tools of the trade for developing VR: Unity3D for native desktop and mobile; the Android Cardboard SDK; Three.js and GLAM (GL and Markup) for web and browser-based mobile
- Create Unity 3D-based VR samples as you learn
- Create Native Android VR samples as you learn
- Create Web-based VR samples as you learn
- Develop working knowledge of user interface design techniques, including menus and 3D input
- Build up to a full application in the final chapter
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||29.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491922781 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|