About This Book
- Deep dive into YARN components, schedulers, life cycle management and security architecture
- Create your own Hadoop-YARN applications and integrate big data technologies with YARN
- Step-by-step guide to provision, manage, and monitor Hadoop-YARN clusters with ease
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who want to understand what YARN is and how to efficiently use it for the resource management of large clusters. For cluster administrators, this book gives a detailed explanation of provisioning and managing YARN clusters. If you are a Java developer or an open source contributor, this book will help you to drill down the YARN architecture, write your own YARN applications and understand the application execution phases. This book will also help big data engineers explore YARN integration with real-time analytics technologies such as Spark and Storm.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the YARN features and offerings
- Manage big data clusters efficiently using the YARN framework
- Create single, as well as multi-node, Hadoop-YARN clusters on Linux machines
- Understand the YARN components and their administration
- Gain insights into the application execution flow over a YARN cluster
- Write your own distributed application and execute it over a YARN cluster
- Work with schedulers and queues for the efficient scheduling of applications
- Integrate big data projects such as Spark and Storm with YARN
The Yet Another Resource Negotiator (YARN) framework solves the design problems related to resource management faced by the Hadoop 1.x framework by providing a more scalable, efficient, flexible, and highly available resource management framework for distributed data processing.
This book starts with an overview of the YARN features and explains how YARN provides a business solution for growing big data needs. You will learn to provision and manage single, as well as multi-node, Hadoop-YARN clusters in the easiest way. You will walk through the YARN administration, life cycle management, application execution, REST APIs, schedulers, security framework and so on. You will gain insights about the YARN components and features such as ResourceManager, NodeManager, ApplicationMaster, Container, Timeline Server, High Availability, Resource Localisation and so on.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781784394585 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|