How can two people have a common faith but different political loyalties?
How does the Christian faith shape how we should vote and participate in the political process?
In this updated edition of Left, Right, and Christ, authors D.C. Innes and Lisa Sharon Harper discuss and explore how the Christian faith speaks directly to American politics today, but with different understanding and applications. They address questions like:
- Does God care about politics? Should we?
- Is it the government's role to take care of the sick?
- Do legalized abortions increase the number of abortions?
- Should we support people's freedom to choose a definition of marriage, even if we disagree with their choice?
- Does a free country mean that everyone is free to come here?
- Is the earth so fragile that the government should step in to protect it?
Harper and Innes craft compelling chapters on hot issue that will keep Christian Americans thinking about how to navigate the intersection of faith and politics.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||868 KB|
|Publisher: ||Elevate Faith|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781943425761 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|