Library Consortia: Practical Guide for Library Managers provides the latest information on library consortia and their aim of fulfilling the educational, intellectual, informational, and social aspirations of users through the cooperative provision of superior quality library resources and services. The main service that a consortium offers to its member organizations is negotiation of licenses with good pricing and legal conditions.
The book presents an accounting of different licensing systems, along with key elements of the negotiation process that will help members of consortia gain maximum benefit. Since the majority of publishers and agents are foreign based, the consortium helps to solve legal problems concerning the adaptation of the licenses to the concerned country's law, which the book discusses in detail.
- Discusses the success stories of library consortia
- Presents a detailed guide and criteria for establishing a library consortia
- Includes consortia models and detailed examples
- Explores governance issues in library consortia
- Offers analysis on licensing and pricing models, along with further examples that relate to different licensing models and pricing mechanisms
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chandos Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007573196 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|