Retaining the conceptual framework of the first edition through emphasis on the dual themes of continuity and change, the second edition of Libya is revised and updated to include discussion of key developments since 2010, including:
- The February 17 Revolution and the death of Muammar al-Qaddafi.
- The political process which evolved in the course of the February 17 Revolution and led to General National Congress elections in July 2012, Constitutional Assembly elections in February 2014, and House of Representative elections in June 2014.
- Post-Qaddafi economic policy from the National Transitional Council through successive interim transitional governments.
- Post-Qaddafi foreign policy.
- The on-going process of drafting a new constitution which will be followed by the election of a Parliament and a President.
Providing a comprehensive overview of the Libyan uprising, seen to be the exception to the Arab Spring, and highlighting the issues facing contemporary Libya, this book is an important text for students and scholars of History, North Africa and the Middle East as well as the non-specialist with an interest in current affairs.
|Size: ||2.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781135036539 (EPUB)|