Liver Pathology covers the key entities and diagnoses that pathologists see in daily practice, focusing on the salient H&E histopathology of each entity with concise descriptions of clinical features, differential diagnosis, and references for further study. It provides the opportunity for correlation with clinical data and radiologic and laboratory findings that are essential to correct diagnosis of non-neoplastic disease and correlation with morphologic and immunohistochemical features in the case of neoplastic liver disease.
The book presents information in a bulleted format with H&E illustrations to match histopathologic criteria, and summarizes helpful ancillary tests such as appropriate immunohistochemical panels. It provides a synopsis of all common liver entities and covers non-neoplastic conditions, including description of infectious processes, autoimmune and metabolic disorders, neonatal and pediatric conditions, drug-induced liver injury and liver allograft pathology. Coverage of neoplastic disease includes a selection of the most commonly seen malignancies including metastatic carcinoma. The book serves as a handy summary and quick reference guide for pathology residents and a ìportable refresher course? or MOC review tool for the more experienced pathologist.
The Demos Surgical Pathology Guides series presents in summary and visual form the basic knowledge base that every practicing pathologist needs each working day. Series volumes cover the major specialty areas of surgical pathology, and coverage emphasizes the key entities and diagnoses that pathologists will see in practice, and that they must know whether in training or practice. The emphasis is on the basic morphology with newer techniques represented where they are frequently used. The series provides a handy summary and quick reference that any pathology resident or fellow will find useful. Experienced practitioners will find the series valuable as a portable refresher course or review tool.
Key Features of Liver Pathology:
- Covers the key entities and diagnoses of liver pathology seen in daily practice
- Provides concise, bullet-point format for quick reference and easy review
- Contains over 200 high-quality color images to match histopathologic criteria
- Includes key references directing reader to recent literature and greater depth of information
- Summarizes helpful ancillary tests To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||40.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006790310 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|