If you're an experienced programmer looking for a thorough but gentle introduction to Clojure, this is the perfect guide for you. Author Carin Meier not only provides a practical overview of this JVM language and its functional programming concepts, but also includes a complete hands-on training course to help you learn Clojure in a structured way.
The first half of the book takes you through Closure's unique design and lets you try your hand at two Clojure projects, including a web app. The holistic course in second half provides you with critical tools and resources, including ways to plug into the Clojure community.
- Understand the basic structure of a Clojure expression
- Learn how to shape and control code in a functional way
- Discover how Clojure handles real-world state and concurrency
- Take advantage of Java classes and learn how Clojure handles polymorphism
- Manage and use libraries in a Clojure project
- Use the core.async library for asynchronous and concurrent communication
- Explore the power of macros in Clojure programming
- Learn how to think in Clojure by following the book's seven-week training course
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491909287 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|