Careful selection of the right lubricant(s) is required to keep a machine running smoothly. Lubrication Fundamentals, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded describes the need and design for the many specialized oils and greases used to lubricate machine elements and builds on the tribology and lubrication basics discussed in previous editions.
Utilizing knowledge from leading experts in the field, the third edition covers new lubrication requirements, crude oil composition and selection, base stock manufacture, lubricant formulation and evaluation, machinery and lubrication fundamentals, and environmental stewardship. The book combines lubrication theory with practical knowledge, and provides many useful illustrations to highlight key industrial, commercial, marine, aviation, and automotive lubricant applications and concepts. All previous edition chapters have been updated to include new technologies, applications, and specifications that have been introduced in the past 15 years.
What's New in the Third Edition:
- Adds three new chapters on the growing renewable energy application of wind turbines, the impact of lubricants on energy efficiency, and best practice guidelines on establishing an in-service lubricant analysis program
- Updates API, SAE, and ACEA engine oil specifications, descriptions of new engine oil tests, impact of engine and fuel technology trends on engine oil
- Includes the latest environmental lubricant tests, definitions, and labelling programs
- Compiles expert information from ExxonMobil publications and the foremost international equipment builders and industry associations
- Covers key influences impacting lubricant formulations and technology
- Offers data on global energy demand and interesting statistics such as the worldwide population of nuclear reactors, wind turbines, and output of hydraulic turbines
- Presents new sections on the history of synthetic lubricants and hazardous chemical labeling for lubricants
Whether used as a training guide for industry novices, a textbook for students to understand lubrication principles, or a technical reference for experienced lubrication and tribology professionals, Lubrication Fundamentals, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded is a "must read" for maintenance professionals, lubricant formulators and marketers, chemists, and lubrication, surface, chemical, mechanical, and automotive engineers.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||69.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498788397 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|