Magazine Production presents a guide to the practical processes of taking a magazine from initial idea to final product. This second edition provides important revisions on these production processes by examining the technological and business advancements which have reshaped the magazine industry in the last decade. Brand new chapters document the rise of digital media and identify its impact on magazine creation. They also include new guidance on designing online, tablet and mobile editions, as well as for print.
Magazine Production explains the business of magazines in the UK, Europe and North America, and the roles of marketing, publishing and advertising in establishing a successful title. This edition also addresses the move by publishers towards e-commerce, multimedia content and events to promote their brands and sell products. With information on professional bodies such as the Professional Publishers Association, an expert overview of magazine markets and a breakdown of roles within editorial and design departments, this book offers readers practical steps to achieving success in magazine publishing today.
Magazine Production includes:
• an introduction to the history, markets and audiences of magazines
• explanations of the roles of publishers and advertising teams as part of the business of magazines
• a comparison between print and new systems of digital circulation, with particular focus on mobile platforms;
• guidance on setting up editorial teams, and best practice for producing feature, news and review copy
• information on designing and laying out a title for print or digital distribution
• legal and ethical issues affecting magazine editors and publishers
• a consideration of the future of magazines.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.8 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317307532 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|