About This Book
- Set up, configure, and power up your Magento environment from development to production
- Master the use of Web API to communicate with the Magento system and create custom services
- Create custom modules from scratch to extend the core functionality of the Magento system
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended primarily for intermediate to professional-level PHP developers who are interested in Magento development. For backend developers, several topics are covered that will enable you to modify and extend your Magento 2 store. Frontend developers will also find some coverage of how to customize the look of the Web Store.
What You Will Learn
- Set up the development and production environment of Magento 2
- Understand the new major concepts and conventions used in Magento 2
- Build a miniature yet fully-functional module from scratch to manage your e-commerce platform efficiently
- Write models and collections to manage and search your entity data
- Dive into backend development, such as creating events, observers, cron jobs, logging, profiling, and messaging features
- Get to the core of frontend development, such as blocks, templates, layouts, and the themes of Magento 2
- Use token, session, and OAuth token-based authentication via various flavors of API calls, as well as creating your own APIs
- Get to grips with testing Magento modules and custom themes, which forms an integral part of development
Magento is one of the most exciting, flexible, and customizable e-commerce system. After years of development, Magento 2 introduces itself with a strong emphasis on modularity, web APIs, automated testing, and a new technology stack platform. This book is your one-stop guide to building and customizing a quality e-commerce website from the latest version of the most popular e-commerce platform?Magento 2.
We start off with an introduction to the fundamental concepts of Magento to give you a foundation to work from. After this, you'll get to grips with the major concepts and conventions that are new to the Magento 2 platform.
You will also be guided through building a full-blown helpdesk module from scratch.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785889394 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|