Manual of Cancer Treatment Recovery presents the first comprehensive program to guide the recovery from cancer and its treatment. The Manual helps you, other practitioners, and your staff members plan early intervention and promote healing right from the start, before distressing symptoms begin. Manual of Cancer Treatment Recovery teaches how to guide patients and families in setting up a simple plan that minimizes treatment's unwanted effects, how to coordinate with other clinicians involved in the patient's management; and how to develop a directed survivorship program in your practice. Divided into three sections, the book covers what everyone needs to know about survivorship, how to implement effective and enduring care, and how to work with patients utilizing The LEARN System (Living, Education, Activity, Rest, Nutrition) that Dr. Fleishman developed.
Manual also includes easy-to-use forms that patients may complete even before the initial consultation and post-treatment survivorship care plans for primary care providers.
Whether used independently or in conjunction with Dr. FleishmanÌs patient-focused companion book Learn to Live Through Cancer, the Manual of Cancer Treatment Recovery enables the oncology care team to anticipate patient and family needs even before they arise.
The Manual will help you to:
- Organize recovery plans during treatment to improve quality of life
- Develop an innovative system to minimize loss of vital energy, lean body mass, and distress before they happen
- Develop a survivorship program for your practice
- Coordinate oncology care with specialists and primary care providers
- Integrate end-of-life issues into the care trajectory
- Improve patient care during and after treatment
- Nurture your patientsÌ recovery preventively and systematicallyTo view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2011|
|ISBN: ||2370006810537 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|