Now, for the first time, practitioners have access to a huge database of normal values, developed using the most modern scientific protocols, for virtually any patient population! Normal ranges take into account age, sex, height and body mass index for a wide range of demographic groups to provide a complete set of reliable values for everyday clinical practice. For each nerve fiber, the author provides the nerve root level, the peripheral nerve level, and the plexus pathway. In addition, for the most common studies performed, normal ranges are provided for onset latency, amplitude, area, duration of the wave, and nerve conduction velocity across various segments.
Other benefits of this outstanding book:
- Provides helpful hints for performing each study
- Covers the latest, most up-to-date techniques for conducting nerve sensory tests
- Codifies the acceptable differences in latency, amplitude, nerve conduction velocity, etc. between nerves of the same or opposite limbs, allowing for a more precise diagnosis
- Provides precise written descriptions as well as schematic depiction of electrode placements
- Includes typical waveform appearance for the most common studies
- Offers a concise list of references and suggested readings for each study
- Includes advantages and pitfalls of alternative techniques
For determining normal reference values for any patient, or for review of a specific nerve conduction technique, this book is unrivaled.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2005|
|ISBN: ||9781934559666 (DRM-PDF)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|