The new edition of this British Insurance Law Association (BILA)-award winning text is the definitive reference source for marine cargo insurance law. Written by a member of the Lloyd's Market Association Steering Group, the work expertly examines marine cargo insurance by reference to important English and foreign legal cases as well as the Marine Insurance Act 1906. Logically arranged to reflect the structure of the Institute Cargo Clauses, the most widely used standard form of cover, this text offers easy to find solutions for today's busy practitioner.
New to this edition:
- Completely revised to include the Insurance Act 2015 (duty of fair presentation; warranties, fraudulent claims)
- Brand new chapter on the revised Institute Ancillary and Trade Clauses, ?including those to be introduced on 1 November 2015
- Increased coverage of jurisdiction and choice of law, particularly taking into account the Rome I Regulation
- Enhanced coverage of the issue of Constructive Total Loss
- Consideration of the Law Reform Commission's proposals for the reform of insurance law, and further amendments to the Marine Insurance Act 1906.
- Covers latest developments in the Enterprise Bill for damages for late payment of claims
- Fully updated with all of the influential cases since 2009, including:
- The Cendor MOPU, one of the most important marine insurance cases of the last 50 years.
- Clothing Management v Beazley Solutions
- Notable hull cases such as Versloot Dredging v HDI Gerling on fraudulent devices
- Influential foreign cases taken from this book's sister text, International Cargo Insurance
This unique text is a one-stop resource for marine insurance lawyers handling cargo claims, and will also be of interest to students and researchers of maritime law.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Informa Law from Routledge|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317637240 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|