Creating Enterprise-Quality Web 2.0 Mashups: The Complete How-To Guide
Mashups give businesses powerful new ways to leverage today's massive public and private data resources for competitive advantage. In Mashups: Strategies for the Modern Enterprise, J. Jeffrey Hanson brings together all the knowledge enterprise developers need to create mashups that are reliable, secure, flexible, and effective.
Using detailed sample code and third-party tools, Hanson walks readers through every step of creating a working enterprise mashup, as well as every component: presentation, process, data, and infrastructure. He surveys the styles, technologies, and standards used in mashup development, identifying key trade-offs and helping you choose the best options for your environment. You'll learn how to overcome technical and business concerns associated with mashups, apply proven mashup patterns, and much more.
- Understanding and using presentation-oriented, data-oriented, process-oriented, or hybrid mashup styles
- Identifying the optimal uses for mashups in your environment
- Up-front planning: requirements, constraints, and security considerations; stability, reliability, and performance issues
- Creating an enterprise mashup, step by step: design, identification of services and data sources, and more
- Creating effective frameworks for mashup mediation and monitoring
- Applying proven patterns to your enterprise mashup infrastructure
- Securing mashups: validation, HTML sanitization, protecting iframes, and avoiding common attacks, such as cross-site request forgery
- Building mashups with third-party tools for Google, Oracle, Salesforce.com, Amazon, and other environments
- Developing an open, agile environment that supports rapid, flexible development of new mashups
Also of interest: The companion book, Mashup Patterns: Designs and Examples for the Modern Enterprise by Mike Ogrinz (Addison-Wesley), is an indispensable guide to patterns, with insights for making mashups work in production environments.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||17.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2009|
|ISBN: ||9780321591852 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|