About This Book
- Extend the basic AndEngine features without modifying any of AndEngine's code
- Understand advanced technologies and gain the skills to create the ultimate games in AndEngine
- Theory supported with practical examples to stimulate your imagination and creativity
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at developers who have gone through all the basic AndEngine tutorials and books, and are looking for something more. It's also very useful for developers with knowledge of other game engines who are looking to develop with AndEngine. Knowledge of Java, C++, and Android development are a prerequisite for getting the most out of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Extend AndEngine to use and render 3D models
- Integrate and use various physics engines with AndEngine
- Learn about advanced animations and their implementation in AndEngine
- Get to grips with lighting theory and its application for both 2D and 3D objects
- Use skeletal animation with AndEngine
- Use GLSL shaders with AndEngine for effects and anti-aliasing
- Add sounds and effects to AndEngine using both basic and 3D audio libraries
- Develop efficient network implementations with AndEngine for multi-players
AndEngine is a popular and easy-to-use game framework, best suited for Android game development. After learning the basics of creating an Android game using AndEngine, it's time to move beyond them and explore further. This book provides all the skills and tools you need in order to learn more about Android game development using AndEngine.
You will learn how to use 3D models in a 2D scene, render a visual representation of a scene's objects, and create interactions between these objects. You will explore frame-based animations and learn to use skeletal animations.
As the book progresses, you will be guided through exploring all the relevant aspects of rendering graphics with OpenGL ES, generating audio using OpenSL ES and OpenAL, making the best use of Android's network API, implementing anti-aliasing algorithms, shaders, dynamic lighting and much more.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841869 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|