About This Book
- Develop portable games using Android NDK and debug them on your desktop
- Familiarise yourself with different popular C++ libraries on Android and use them in your games
- Write multi-threaded code with graphics, sound, networking, and resource storage
Who This Book Is For
If you want to leverage your C++ skills in mobile development and increase the performance of your Android applications, then this is the book for you. Knowledge of C or C++ is assumed, including pointer manipulation, multi-threading, object-oriented programming concepts, and the basics of C++11.
What You Will Learn
- Explore popular C++ libraries and use them on Android
- Write portable, multithreaded native networking code
- Create portable audio framework using OpenAL
- Implement portable rendering framework using OpenGL ES 3
- Debug mobile applications on your desktop machine
- Access resources from APK archives
- Render text with FreeType
Android NDK is used for multimedia applications that require direct access to system resources. NDK allows for a comfortable development and debugging process using familiar tools such as the GCC and Clang toolchains.
This book is a hands-on guide to extending your game development skills with Android NDK. It takes you through many clear, step-by-step example applications to help you further explore the features of Android NDK and some popular C++ libraries, and boost your productivity by debugging the development process. Over the course of this book, you will learn how to write portable multi-threaded native code, use HTTP networking in C++, play audio files, use OpenGL ES 3, and render high-quality text. Each chapter takes you one step closer to building your application. By the end of this book, you will be able to create a complete and engaging gaming application.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841920 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|