About This Book
- Learn to combine your asynchronous operations with Task Parallel Library
- Master C#'s asynchronous infrastructure and use asynchronous APIs effectively to achieve optimal responsiveness of the application
- An easy-to-follow, example-based guide that helps you to build scalable applications using concurrency in C#
Who This Book Is For
If you are a C# developer who wants to develop modern applications in C#, and wants to overcome problems by using asynchronous APIs and standard patterns, then this book is ideal for you. A reasonable knowledge of development, an understanding of core elements and applications related to the .NET platform, and also an understanding of the fundamentals of concurrency are assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Apply general multi-threading concepts to your application design
- Leverage lock-free concurrency and learn about its pros and cons in order to achieve efficient synchronization between user threads
- Combine your asynchronous operations with Task Parallel Library
- Make your code easier with C#'s asynchrony support
- Use common concurrent collections and programming patterns
- Write scalable and robust server-side asynchronous code
- Create fast and responsive client applications
- Avoid common problems and troubleshoot your multi-threaded and asynchronous applications
Starting with the traditional approach to concurrency, you will learn how to write multi-threaded concurrent programs and compose methods that won't require locking. You will explore the concepts of parallelism granularity, and fine-grained and coarse-grained parallel tasks, by choosing a concurrent program structure and optimally parallelizing the workload. You will also learn how to use the Task Parallel Library, cancellations, timeouts, and how to handle errors. You will learn how to choose the appropriate data structure for a specific parallel algorithm, in order to achieve scalability and performance. You'll also learn about server scalability, asynchronous I/O, and thread pools, and write responsive windows applications.
By the end of this book, you will be able to diagnose and resolve typical problems that occur in multi-threaded applications.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007153657 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|