About This Book
- Handle your data with precision and care for optimal business intelligence
- Restructure and transform your data to inform decision-making
- Packed with practical advice and tips to help you get to grips with data mining
Who This Book Is For
If you are a data scientist, engineer, or analyst who wants to explore and optimize your use of R's advanced features, this is the book for you. Although a basic knowledge of R is required, the book can get you up and running quickly by providing references to introductory materials.
What You Will Learn
- Connect to and load data from databases
- Successfully fetch and parse structured and unstructured data from the Web
- Transform, filter, and restructure your data with efficient R packages
- Define and build complex statistical models
- Develop and train machine learning algorithms
- Visualize network, time-series, and spatial data
- Deploy supervised and unsupervised classification algorithms
R is a statistical language and programming environment for incisive and successful data analysis. Its ease of use, numerous features, and active community make it a powerful tool for managing, modeling, visualizing, and interpreting small to large sets of data. In a world where collecting and understanding data have become key, by mastering R you will be able to deal with your data effectively and efficiently.
This book will give you the guidance you need to build and evelop knowledge and expertise with R. Bridging the gap between theory and practice, the hands-on examples and references will help you to gain insights from data for a competitive advantage.
Beginning with taking you through the essential data munging tasks such as loading, cleaning, filtering, and restructuring, the book then explores different model designs and the core components of effective analysis, including machine learning algorithms for classification, as well as the traditional and more recent statistical methods on survey, time-series, network, and spatial data.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783982035 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|