About This Book
- Work with scalable Flask application structures to create complex web apps
- Discover the most powerful Flask extensions and learn how to create one
- Deploy your application to real-world platforms using this step-by-step guide
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Flask user who knows the basics of the library and how to create basic web pages with HTML and CSS, and you want to take your applications to the next level, this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a best practices Python environment
- Use SQLAlchemy to programmatically query a database
- Develop templates in Jinja
- Set up an MVC environment for Flask
- Discover NoSQL, when to use it, when not to use it, and how to use it
- Develop a custom Flask extension
- Use Celery to create asynchronous tasks
- Use py.test to create unit tests
Flask is a microframework that boasts a low learning curve, a large community, and the power to create complex web apps. It is easy to learn but difficult to master.
Starting from a simple Flask app, this book will walk through advanced topics while providing practical examples. A proper app structure is demonstrated by transforming the app to use a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. With a scalable structure in hand, the next chapters use Flask extensions to provide extra functionality to the app, including user login and registration, NoSQL querying, a REST API, an admin interface, and more. Next, you'll discover how to use unit testing to take the guesswork away from making sure the code is performing as it should be. The book closes with a discussion of the different platforms that are available to deploy a Flask app on, with the pros and cons of each one taken into account.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841548 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|