About This Book
- Customize NetBeans to fit your unique needs
- Excel in NetBeans IDE, learning the shortcuts and hidden features to become more productive
- A comprehensive guide to become more productive at application development using NetBeans IDE
Who This Book Is For
If you are a competent developer who wants to fast-track your application development with the NetBeans IDE, then this book is for you. Reasonable knowledge and an understanding of Java programming and the NetBeans IDE is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Install NetBeans either from a distribution package or from source code
- Test, debug, and run production code using the NetBeans IDE
- Use external services such as PaaS environments and web services
- Create desktop applications using the Swing tools
- Manage and configure relational databases
- Build a Java business model and web tiers using the Java EE and Spring technologies
- Explore web services with both the XML and RESTful approaches
- Handle external services such as databases, Maven repositories, and cloud providers
- Extend NetBeans for those situations where you require more from your IDE
NetBeans is the only IDE that can be downloaded with Java itself and provides you with many cutting-edge features not readily available with the other IDEs.
This book will teach you to master the NetBeans IDE and make use of it in creating Java applications, business tiers, and web services. It will help you to become a proficient developer and use NetBeans for software development. You will learn how to interact effectively with third-party services and become proficient in database development. Moving on, you will see how to create EJB projects and write effective and efficient web applications. Then you will learn how to use NetBeans' Swing tools and manage and configure a relational database. By the end of the book, you will be able to handle external services such as databases, Maven repositories, and cloud providers, and extend NetBeans when you require more from your IDE.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785286896 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|