About This Book
- Master the do's and don'ts of Python performance programming
- Learn how to use exiting new tools that will help you improve your scripts
- A step-by-step, conceptual guide to teach you how to optimize and fine-tune your critical pieces of code
Who This Book Is For
If you're a Python developer interested in improving the speed of your scripts or simply wanting to take your skills to the next level, then this book is perfect for you.
What You Will Learn
- Master code optimization step by step and learn how to use different tools
- Understand what a profiler is and how to read its output
- Interpret visual output from profiling tools and improve the performance of your script
- Use Cython to create fast applications using Python and C
- Take advantage of PyPy to improve the performance of your Python code
- Optimize number-crunching code with Numba, Parakeet, and pandas
Every bit of memory and every CPU cycle counts, and knowing how to squish every bit of processing power out of your code is a crucial and sought-after skill. Nowadays, Python is used in many scientific projects, and the calculations done in these projects require serious fine-tuning. Profilers are tools designed to help you measure the performance of your code and help you during the optimization process, so knowing how to use them and read their output is very handy.
This book starts from the basics and advances on to increasingly complex topics, such as profiling, writing a real-life application, and applying a full set of tools designed to improve your application. Learn about the major profilers and graphic tools to help you make sense of their output. See generic optimization techniques and Python-specific optimizations and go through the main constructs of the language that will help you improve quickly with little change to the code. Finally, the book covers some tools for number crunching and how to use them properly to get the best results.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781783989317 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|