About This Book
- The basics of scientific computing to advanced concepts involving parallel and large scale computation are all covered.
- Most of the Python APIs and tools used in scientific computing are discussed in detail
- The concepts are discussed with suitable example programs
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Python programmer and want to get your hands on scientific computing, this book is for you. The book expects you to have had exposure to various concepts of Python programming.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the fundamentals and components of scientific computing
- Learn scientific computing data management
- Perform numerical computing using NumPy and SciPy
- Demonstrate the concepts and programming for symbolic computing using SymPy
- Use the matplotlib plotting library for data visualization
- Analyze data analysis and visualize it using pandas, matplotlib, and IPython
- Perform parallel and high performance computing
- Incorporate yourself with real-life case studies and best practices of scientific computing
In today's world, along with theoretical and experimental work, scientific computing has become an important part of scientific disciplines. A large community of users, plenty of help and documentation, a large collection of scientific libraries and environments, great performance, and good support makes Python a great choice for scientific computing.
At present, Python is among the top choices for developing scientific workflows and this book helps existing Python developers to master this domain using Python. The main things to learn in the book are the concept of scientific workflows, managing scientific workflow data, and performing computations on this data using Python.
This book discusses NumPy, SciPy, SymPy, matplotlib, pandas and IPython with several example programs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841562 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|