About This Book
- Learn how to administer, manage, and extend your own message broker, RabbitMQ
- Develop clients to make a message bridge between your software systems using RabbitMQ
- Discover how to achieve proficiency with RabbitMQ with the well-defined descriptions of the topics
Who This Book Is For
If you are an intermediate-level RabbitMQ developer who wants to achieve professional-level expertise in the subject, this book is for you. You'll also need to have a decent understanding of message queuing.
What You Will Learn
- Administer RabbitMQ using different tools
- Configure the RabbitMQ Server using its powerful configuration structures
- Understand the roots and details of messaging, message brokers, and the AMQP protocol
- Scale the RabbitMQ Server using clusters and high availability techniques
- Extend RabbitMQ by developing Erlang OTP-based applications that use the RabbitMQ API
- Monitor the RabbitMQ server using different open source tools such as Nagios, Munin, and Zabbix
- Ensure your RabbitMQ's security using SSL, SASL, and access control
RabbitMQ is one of the most powerful pieces of open source Message Broker software and is widely used in companies such as Mozilla, VMware, Google, and AT&T. RabbitMQ gives you lots of fantastic and easy-to-manage functionalities to control and manage its messaging facility, with lots of community support.
You'll begin with the installation and configuration of the RabbitMQ Server. Next, you'll study the major problems that your server faces, including scalability and high availability, and try to find solutions by using RabbitMQ mechanisms. You'll then get to design and develop your own plugins using the Erlang language and RabbitMQ's internal API. This knowledge will help you to start with the management and monitoring of messages, tools, and applications. You'll also walk through the security and integrity of the messaging facilities that RabbitMQ provides. In the last few chapters, you will build and keep track of your clients using Java, Python, and C#.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007241514 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|