About This Book
- Create an extensible test framework in Java supporting parallel execution with TestNG
- Understand the power, simplicity, and limitations of the core Selenium framework
- Write clear, simple, readable, and reliable tests that perform complex test automation tasks
Who This Book Is For
If you are a software tester or a developer who has learned the basics of Selenium using the WebDriver API and is now ready to take the next step, then this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Provide fast, useful feedback with sensible errors and screenshots
- Create extensible, well-composed page objects
- Gain an in-depth understanding of implicit and explicit waits, and how you should use them
- Leverage the full power of the Actions API
- Speed up your test runs by utilizing the full power of your machine with parallelization
- Learn how to plug third-party products into Selenium, and where it is appropriate to do so
In this wide and complex era of the World Wide Web, this book will teach you how to tame it by gaining an in-depth understanding of the Selenium API.
This book kicks off with solutions to the difficult problems that you will undoubtedly encounter as you start using Selenium in an enterprise environment. This is followed by guidance on producing the right feedback when your tests fail, what the common exceptions are, and how you can fix them. You will also learn about the differences between implicit waits and explicit waits, as well as how to work with effective page objects.
Finally, the book will discuss the upcoming Selenium W3C specification and how it is going to affect the future of Selenium.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781784397708 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|