About This Book
- Create a tailor-made monitoring solution based on your specific needs
- Learn advanced techniques of Zabbix to monitor networks, performances, and other critical features in large environments
- Integrate, customize, and extend your monitoring solutions with external components and software
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for system administrators and IT architects who need to better integrate their Zabbix installation with their surrounding environment. A basic working knowledge of Zabbix and Linux is assumed so that the book can focus on how to use every component to its full potential.
What You Will Learn
- Efficiently collect data from a large variety of monitoring objects
- Organize your data in graphs, charts, maps, and slide shows
- Build intelligent triggers and alarms to monitor your network proactively
- Write your own custom probes and monitoring scripts to extend Zabbix
- Configure Zabbix and its database to be highly available and fault-tolerant
- Automate repetitive procedures using Zabbix's API
- Integrate Zabbix with external systems
- Understand the protocol and how to interact with it by writing your own custom agent
Nowadays, monitoring systems play a crucial role in any IT environment. They are extensively used to not only measure your system's performance, but also to forecast capacity issues. This is where Zabbix, one of the most popular monitoring solutions for networks and applications, comes into the picture.
This new edition will provide you with all the knowledge you need to make strategic and practical decisions about the Zabbix monitoring system. The setup you'll do with this book will fit your environment and monitoring needs like a glove. You will be guided through the initial steps of choosing the correct size and configuration for your system, to what to monitor and how to implement your own custom monitoring component. Exporting and integrating your data with other systems is also covered.
By the end of this book, you will have a tailor-made and well-configured monitoring system and will understand with absolute clarity how crucial it is to your IT environment.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006809753 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|