About This Book
- Explore the essentials of Apache Maven essentials to arm yourself with all the ingredients needed to develop a comprehensive build automation system
- Identify the extension points in Apache Maven and learn more about them in-depth
- Improve developer productivity by optimizing the build process with best practices in Maven using this compact guide
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for experienced developers who are already familiar with build automation, but want to learn how to use Maven and apply its concepts to the most difficult scenarios in build automation.
What You Will Learn
- Comprehend the key concepts of Apache Maven
- Get to know how Maven extension points are used
- Troubleshoot build issues with greater confidence
- Optimize Maven's configuration settings
- Understand Maven custom lifecycles and lifecycle extensions
- Get hands-on and create Maven assemblies
- Explore best practices to design a build system that improves developer productivity
Maven is the #1 build tool used by developers and has been around for more than a decade. It's widely used by many open source Java projects under the Apache Software Foundation, Sourceforge, Google Code, and many more.
Maven Essentials is a fast-paced guide to show you the key concepts of Maven and build automation. We get started by introducing you to Maven and exploring its core concepts and the architecture. Next, you will learn about the Project Object Model (POM) while creating your own Maven project. You will also discover ways and means of archetypes and plugins to establish the most common goals in build automation. After this, you'll get to know how to design the build to prevent any maintenance nightmares, with proper dependency management. We then explore Maven build lifecycles and Maven assemblies. Finally, you will discover how to apply best practices when designing a build system to improve developer productivity.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241606 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|