Learn to communicate with Spanish-speaking patients
Designed for those with no previous experience speaking Spanish, this guide provides nurses, medical professionals, and students with the tools to communicate with Spanish-speaking patients. Online audio is available to provide correct pronunciation and prepare learners for a wide array of medical situations. Using a step-by-step approach with plenty of examples, the text will enable readers to quickly develop their Spanish knowledge. Question and response scenarios, vocabulary quizzes, anatomy identification, summary exercises, and dialogue reinforce and expedite learning.
Chapters provide appropriate Spanish vocabulary, terminology, and expressions commonly used in health care interactions, as well as likely patient responses, to prepare readers for conversational Spanish. Key sections enable readers to speak with confidence while taking a patient's history, assessing pain, conducting a physical assessment, and talking about nutrition and pediatric and adult illnesses. Tips on cultural competence are featured throughout, culminating in a comprehensive chapter on transcultural nursing and the impact of culture, belief systems, and social norms on health care delivery to diverse Spanish-speaking populations.
- Requires no previous knowledge of Spanish
- Focuses on Spanish words and phrases needed in common health care interactions with patients
- Includes multiple interactive print and audio exercises to enhance learning
- Gives print and audio examples of common patient responses
- Includes examples of common conversations between health care professionals and patients
- Provides scripted dialogues for conducting a complete history and physical exam, performing gynecological exams, and teaching scenarios for fetal development, pregnancy, breast exams, testicular exams, and contraception
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2016|
|Earliest download: ||2016-11-28|
|ISBN: ||2370007548651 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will only be sold to customers with a billing address in:|