Microbial Control of Insect and Mite Pests: From Theory to Practice is an important source of information on microbial control agents and their implementation in a variety of crops and their use against medical and veterinary vector insects, in urban homes and other structures, in turf and lawns, and in rangeland and forests.
This comprehensive and enduring resource on entomopathogens and microbial control additionally functions as a supplementary text to courses in insect pathology, biological control, and integrated pest management. It gives regulators and producers up-to-date information to support their efforts to facilitate and adopt this sustainable method of pest management.
Authors include an international cadre of experts from academia, government research agencies, technical representatives of companies that produce microbial pesticides, agricultural extension agents with hands on microbial control experience in agriculture and forestry, and other professionals working in public health and urban entomology.
- Covers all pathogens, including nematodes
- Addresses the rapidly progressing developments in insect pathology and microbial control, particularly with regard to molecular methods
- Demonstrates practical use of entomopathogenic microorganisms for pest control, including tables describing which pathogens are available commercially
- Highlights successful practices in microbial control of individual major pests in temperate, subtropical, and tropical zones
- Features an international group of contributors, each of which is an expert in their fields of research related to insect pathology and microbial control
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780128035665 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|