Today's Up-to-Date, Step-by-Step Guide to Designing Active Microwave Circuits
Microwave Circuit Design is a complete guide to modern circuit design, including simulation tutorials that demonstrate Keysight Technologies' Advanced Design System (ADS), one of today's most widely used electronic design automation packages. And the software-based circuit design techniques that Yeom presents can be easily adapted for any modern tool or environment.
Throughout, author Kyung-Whan Yeom uses the physical interpretation of basic concepts and concrete examples—not exhaustive calculations—to clearly and concisely explain the essential theory required to design microwave circuits, including passive and active device concepts, transmission line theory, and the basics of high-frequency measurement.
To bridge the gap between theory and practice, Yeom presents real-world, hands-on examples focused on key elements of modern communication systems, radars, and other microwave transmitters and receivers.
Practical coverage includes
- Up-to-date microwave simulation design examples based on ADS and easily adaptable to any simulator
- Detailed, step-by-step derivations of key design parameters related to procedures, devices, and performance
- Relevant, hands-on problem sets in every chapter
- Clear discussions of microwave IC categorization and roles; passive device impedances and equivalent circuits; coaxial and microstrip transmission lines; active devices (FET, BJT, DC Bias); and impedance matching
- A complete, step-by-step introduction to circuit simulation using the ADS toolset and window framework
- Low noise amplifier (LNA) design: gains, stability, conjugate matching, and noise circles
- Power amplifier (PA) design: optimum load impedances, classification, linearity, and composite PAs
- Microwave oscillator design: oscillation conditions, phase noise, basic circuits, and dielectric resonators
- Phase lock loops (PLL) design: configuration, operation, components, and loop filters
- Mixer design: specifications, Schottky diodes, qualitative analysis of mixers (SEM, SBM, DBM), and quantitative analysis of single-ended mixer (SEM)
Microwave Circuit Design brings together all the practical skills graduate students and professionals need to successfully design today's active microwave circuits.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||25.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Prentice Hall|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134085821 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|