Drawing on the latest research and expertise of Baycrest, a world leader in research on the aging brain, Mindfull provides nutritional strategies for maintaining and improving brain health and supports the journey to more brain healthful eating through its recipes, menus and tips on stocking a healthy home pantry. While the risk of such diseases as Alzheimer's represents a complex interplay of genes, environment and lifestyle, up to half of Alzheimer's cases may be the result of seven key modifiable risk factors, including diet-associated disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity. As the population ages, the incidence of Alzheimer's, dementia and other brain diseases is on the rise, creating a growing need for proven nutritional advice and recipes for better brain health.
- Over 100 recipes, including contributions from notable Canadian chefs Laura Calder, Chuck Hughes, Mark McEwan, Michael Smith and others
- Recipes from morning to night, including "afternoon brain boosters" and "fuel on the go" snacks
- The six biggest myths about brain health
- Current science on "brain foods"
- Tips on minimizing the use of fats, sweeteners, soy, alcohol and sodium
- Strategies for eating properly and developing eating patterns for ideal cognitive function
- Full-colour photography throughout
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||24.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||HarperCollins Canada|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9781443424585 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Micronesia (Federated States of), Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia (Slovak Republic), Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|