NEW ADVANCES IN THE SCIENCE OF DECISION MAKING:
Practical and relevant research from DSI, the field??s leading organization
- 14 OUTSTANDING PAPERS APPLYING RIGOROUS RESEARCH METHODS TO IMPORTANT SOCIETAL AND BUSINESS DECISION ENVIRONMENTS
- NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE IN STRATEGY, TACTICS, AND OPERATIONS
- FOR ALL DECISION MAKERS, AND ALL DECISION SCIENCE RESEARCHERS AND STUDENTS
More than 1,000 papers were submitted to the Decision Science Institute??s 2015 annual conference. This book presents the 14 papers chosen as most insightful and useful.
This peer-reviewed research addresses a richly diverse set of business topics, illuminating opportunities to improve decision making at strategic, tactical, and operational levels. Spanning analytics, information systems and technology, supply chain operations management, and other disciplines, these papers identify multiple opportunities for immediate and long-term performance improvement.
The authors address challenges ranging from talent management to lean transformation, mobile app marketing to corporate ethics, driving change to predicting stock prices. Their work reflects both the intellectual vibrancy of the discipline of decision science and its immense practical value.
Decision sciences research leads to improved decision outcomes. This volume brings together peer-reviewed papers chosen as “best of the best” by the field??s leading organization, the Decision Sciences Institute.
Authored by respected researchers worldwide, these papers were presented at DSI??s 46th Annual Meeting in Seattle. They describe new methods and approaches in the decision sciences, with a special focus on translating theoretical impact into practical relevance to improve decision making within business, public policy, non-profit organizations, and beyond.
- Assess willingness to learn ERP systems based on knowledge update and other factors
- Exploit application integration to improve ERP??s value after implementation
- Discover how mobile users decide whether to search for and adopt a new app
- Quantify links between absenteeism and hostile environment/sexual harassment
- Assess correlations between employee development and worker outcomes
- Explore perceptions of change, intentions to leave, and the role of cynicism
- Promote lean transformation by evolving HR performance management systems
- Understand how links between corporate ethical values and firm performance are mediated
- Bring a global sourcing perspective to issues of ethical consumption
- Improve quality by choosing practices with the best cultural fit
- Use Multilayer Perceptron (MLP) and Bayesian Networks (BN) to predict diabetes
- Apply a comprehensive empirical framework for assessing patient care quality
- Promote sharing of clinical knowledge among a practice group??s physicians
- Forecast variable impacts in S&P 500 equity prices
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Pearson FT Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134115986 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|