This book is the first to cover the recently developed MPEG-V standard, explaining the fundamentals of each part of the technology and exploring potential applications. Written by experts in the field who were instrumental in the development of the standard, this book goes beyond the scope of the official standard documentation, describing how to use the technology in a practical context and how to combine it with other information such as audio, video, images, and text. Each chapter follows an easy-to-understand format, first examining how each part of the standard is composed, then covers intended uses and applications for each particular effect.
With this book, you will learn how to:
- Use the MPEG-V standard to develop applications
- Develop systems for various use cases using MPEG-V
- Synchronize the virtual world and real world
- Create and render sensory effects for media
- Understand and use MPEG-V for the research of new types of media related technology and services
- The first book on the new MPEG-V standard, which enables interoperability between virtual worlds and the real world
- Provides the technical foundations for understanding and using MPEG-V for various virtual world, mirrored world, and mixed world use cases
- Accompanying website features schema files for the standard, with example XML files, source code from the reference software and example applications
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||12.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780124202030 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|