Head and neck cancer is a very common cancer worldwide with an estimated 500,000 individuals diagnosed each year. In the United States an average of 39,000 new cases are reported each year representing between 3 to 5% of all new cancer cases diagnosed annually. Head and neck cancers are more common in men and in individuals over the age of 50.
The treatment of head and neck cancer is extremely challenging and involves insight and expertise from multiple disciplines. Multidisciplinary Management of Head and Neck Cancer is a comprehensive textbook looking at different aspects of head and neck cancer, including the diagnosis, treatment and outcomes for patients with this disease. The chapters written by world-renowned experts cover the entire discipline of head and neck oncology and include discussion of the role of HPV infections, advances in radiotherapy, new surgical techniques, novel agents in thyroid therapy and more. The book is designed to be both practical and comprehensive for the physicians treating this complex disease.
Features of Multidisciplinary Management of Head and Neck Cancer include:
- A chapter on the role of HPV infections in head and neck cancer
- A chapter on new advances in radiotherapy for head and neck cancer, including review IMRT, new standards and potential pitfalls
- Detailed discussion of the role of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer, including commonly used drugs and how to combine them with radiotherapy to improve patient outcomes
- Detailed discussion on incorporating novel agents with radiotherapy
- Detailed discussion of novel therapeutics in head and neck cancer, including new drugs and biologics
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2010|
|ISBN: ||2370006810469 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|