Multiscale Structural Topology Optimization discusses the development of a multiscale design framework for topology optimization of multiscale nonlinear structures. With the intention to alleviate the heavy computational burden of the design framework, the authors present a POD-based adaptive surrogate model for the RVE solutions at the microscopic scale and make a step further towards the design of multiscale elastoviscoplastic structures.
Various optimization methods for structural size, shape, and topology designs have been developed and widely employed in engineering applications. Topology optimization has been recognized as one of the most effective tools for least weight and performance design, especially in aeronautics and aerospace engineering.
This book focuses on the simultaneous design of both macroscopic structure and microscopic materials. In this model, the material microstructures are optimized in response to the macroscopic solution, which results in the nonlinearity of the equilibrium problem of the interface of the two scales. The authors include a reduce database model from a set of numerical experiments in the space of effective strain.
- Presents the first attempts towards topology optimization design of nonlinear highly heterogeneous structures
- Helps with simultaneous design of the topologies of both macroscopic structure and microscopic materials
- Helps with development of computer codes for the designs of nonlinear structures and of materials with extreme constitutive properties
- Focuses on the simultaneous design of both macroscopic structure and microscopic materials
- Includes a reduce database model from a set of numerical experiments in the space of effective strain
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||26.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||ISTE Press - Elsevier|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780081011867 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will only be sold to customers with a billing address in:|