This beautifully illustrated pocket atlas provides physical therapists, occupational therapists, sports therapists, and students with practical guidelines and quick tests for evaluating gross motor function throughout the body. The tests in this manual are particularly suitable for analyzing isolated muscle deficits and evaluating other testing methods. When used as a regular part of the physical therapy routine, manual muscle testing provides valuable information on individual treatment needs, enables the therapist to monitor progress and modify procedures, and allows the patient to see the results for themselves.
- Almost 200 high-quality color photographs and illustrations help demonstrate each step in the testing process
- Quick tests for evaluating overall muscle function, followed by detailed guidelines for testing muscle function in the head and face, spine, and upper/lower extremities
- Detailed introductory chapter on the foundations and anatomical basis of muscle testing
- Clear descriptions of clinical symptoms for each muscle group, plus examples from practice
- Online access to assessment forms on Thiemes MediaCenter
- Test questions and answers for self-study
This book is a valuable resource for all PT practitioners and students that will enrich their practice and help them to successfully evaluate and treat patients suffering from muscle-related injuries.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||18.2 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006791003 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 50 selections every 5 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 50 pages every 5 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|